|Human Resources Director
The Payroll Manager will manage the payroll functions for all companies within AgriFruit. The position will manage the payroll teams for Oxnard, Santa Maria, and AgriFrost. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for staying current on all wage and hour regulations and oversee payroll teams at all locations listed above
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assure all payroll teams are preparing timekeeping and payroll timely.
- Manage the payroll matrix for all locations, keep updated copies in assigned folders.
- Finalize Oxnard, Santa Maria, and AF Payroll
- Manage inventory and ordering of blank checks.
- Assure inventory of printer cartridges are available for check printing.
- Manage hourly payroll including timekeeping, timesheets and creating checks.
- Manage inventory of all PET devices, charging blocks and accessories including badges, clips, printer cartridges, etc.
- Assure all Payroll folders are managed in sequence and updated by the local teams.
- Manage and enter Cell phone reimbursements and Auto Allowance for hourly employees.
- Prepare Holiday Pay lists for all locations.
- Verify and approve vacation and sick pay balances for hourly employees.
- Finalize all company payrolls (WCBF and AF) and pay all payroll taxes.
- Prepare Payroll Distribution Report for all companies.
- File Quarterly Payroll Taxes for WCBF, AF
- Resolve all payroll tax issues with agency’s.
- Post Payroll Tax Payment in Farmers and Shippers
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
5+ years’ experience as a Payroll Lead
Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing documents
Exceptional employee relation skills and professional manner
Overachieving attitude and enhanced work ethic
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills:Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and PDF Editing Software, Datatech Farmers and Shippers, Orange -PET Tiger
Other Qualifications: Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.